Career coaching is an interactive process of exploring work-related issues – leading to efficient actionable actions – in which the coach also takes the role of facilitator of the individual towards organizational development and transformation.
What Career Coaches Do?
- Connect people with a deeper level of motivation than “just a job;” clients discover their passion and purpose to guide their decisions, empowering them to choose work they love, make a good living and still have a balanced life;
- Building capability in the individual client and getting results in real-time, which leads to creating proficiencies, not just the ability to overcome deficiencies;
- Probe for openings that lead to long-term development opportunities rather than providing just a “quick fix”;
- Create effective coaching interactions by listening, observing, discerning, and modeling;
- Deliver effective coaching through feedback, questions, statements, challenges, and ideas;
- Improve clients’ ability to market and sell themselves in the job market regardless of economic conditions;
- Increase individual potential for career growth and future earning power;
- Assist clients in becoming “career self-reliant,” taking control and ownership of their career development;
- Enhance their clients’ job satisfaction through the discovery of their authentic vocation.
Specifically, career coaches’ duties often include:
- Assist with clarification of overall purpose/direction;
- Administer assessments: interest inventories, personality type instruments, etc.
- Help clients match their skills, interests, and passions with an ideal career path, jobs, and work environments;
- (Sometimes) the draft resumes, or provide feedback to the client on their resume design/content;
- Link clients with potential jobs, both published and unpublished;
- Roleplay with clients: networking meetings, interviews;
- Coach clients on communication skills, professional image;
- Help clients deal with obstacles to their progress, whether due to job history, lack of the “right” qualifications, or personal/family issues;
- Encourage the client to pursue their dream!
- Work in/manage/set up career center;
- Assist clients with negotiating.