People are very suspicious when we talk about meditation; they imagine that a person has to sit on the floor, legs crossed, with strange robes and echoing chants. If you believe your purpose in life is to become a monk, surely that’d be the way.
BUT you’re not, you’re a Leader, aren’t you?
Meditation, specifically Mindfulness, is a way of living and brings you plenty of benefits to your daily life. Even if you don’t believe it, I encourage you to give it a try, and it’s backed up by science – yes, there are several studies about the changes in your brain and the impact of it.
Starting your morning with 5 or 10 minutes – to start – of Mindfulness Meditation will:
1. Switch you from the groggy feeling when you wake up, and puts you in the mood to proceed with your life, with awareness.
2. Doing it every day will become a part of your life.
3. You’ll get more focused during the day.
4. Even if you’re going to have a full day of meetings, and/with important decisions to make, having meditated will have a tremendous impact, making you a better decision maker; you are more focus, relaxed and you can see all the possible scenarios.
5. You’ll be even more resilient; resist to the things that will appear on your way, having the brain agility to use other solutions to overcome it.
These are just some of the reasons to make you ponder to embrace your new life, the question is:
Are you brave enough to do it? Now, that’s your call.